Barristers regulated by the Bar Standards Board.
Mark Jones is a Barrister specialising in Housing law. His Housing law area of expertise lies where human rights and public law issues arise.
Mark is a Human Rights Expert / Consultant to UN, Council of Europe and OSCE.
LL.M (International Human Rights Law)
Human Rights Expert / Consultant to UN, Council of Europe and OSCE
Criminal Bar Association
Human Rights Lawyers’ Association
Police Actions Lawyers’ Group
Inquest Lawyers’ Group
Association of Prison Lawyers
Prisoners’ Legal Rights Group
Howard League for Penal Reform
Mark acts as a Human Rights and Rule of Law Consultant to International Organisations, individuals and NGOs. He has experience working in over 15 countries throughout Eastern Europe, Balkans, Russian Federation, Central Asia, South Caucasus, Turkey and Southern Asia. His areas of expertise include:
- Preparation, presentation and evaluation of human rights training materials for Supreme Court and Constitutional Court judges, prosecutors, defence lawyers, police, prison officials, ombudsman office, government officials and NGOs.
- Advice on legislation – both in the UK and foreign jurisdictions – in the areas of crime, prisoners’ rights, police actions, public law, extradition and immigration law vis-a-vis compatibility with international human rights’ norms.
- Access to Justice: advise and preparation of judicial and advocates training curricula; legal aid; procedural codes.
- Human Rights needs assessments; drafting in-country human rights reports.
- Advise on thematic issues: e.g. fair trial; free speech/freedom of assembly, association; terrorism; women’s rights/gender; childrens’ rights; torture/inhuman treatment; police; prisons; death penalty; minority rights/discrimination; human rights and Islam; international criminal law and humanitarian law etc.
- Trial observation; monitoring detention facilities.
- Advice and representation in proceedings before the European Court of Human Rights; UN human rights committees.
Click here to view the Privacy Notice for Mark Jones.