St Ives Chambers was established in 1965. Our chambers takes its name from the Patron Saint of Lawyers – St Ivo or Ives of Kermartin, who was canonised in 1347.
We aim to work in partnership with all our clients to ensure consistent and effective delivery of services from initial instruction until case completion. We aim to offer continuity of counsel wherever possible. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, and our approachability and efficiency. We are committed to monitoring and reviewing our in-house quality management systems to ensure excellent service delivery at all times.
St Ives Chambers is a modern, approachable and efficient multi-disciplinary set renowned for its ‘excellent mix of barristers at all levels’ and recognised as being ‘more than a match for the Magic Circle chambers in London’ (Legal 500).
We are consistently instructed in high-profile cases across multiple practice areas and at all levels. Our expertise in advocacy is underpinned by a professional, efficient and friendly clerking service:
- Legal 500: “St Ives Chambers is ‘the Midlands’ leading family law set’. “
- Legal 500: “St Ives Chambers is ‘arguably the best set for social housing in the Midlands’. The group acts for both landlords and tenants in possession claims and injunctions, nuisance cases, and increasingly on anti-social behaviour cases.”
- Legal 500: ‘Property is one of St Ives Chambers’ strongest suits in the civil arena. It has “a number of good and friendly barristers”, and wide-ranging expertise across commercial property, residential property and social housing’.
- Legal 500: “St Ives Chambers is ‘a very strong regulatory set’.”
- Chambers and Partners: ‘A set whose barristers handle a strong caseload of criminal work’.
- Chambers and Partners: ‘The family team at St Ives Chambers maintains its impressive reputation for size and quality, leading market observers to describe it as ‘strong in depth and experience’.”
- Chambers and Partners: “For children work in particular, it is the premier chambers in Birmingham.”
- Chambers and Partners: “The running of the chambers and their administration are excellent. The clerks are very good; they are commercial in terms of fees and are willing to be flexible.”
We are committed to providing excellent service in all areas of our work and proud of our reputation for excellence in all areas of advocacy and advisory work. We aim to provide the highest quality of service to lay and professional clients from initial instruction to case completion.
We are also committed to the implementation and promotion of equality and diversity principles and equal opportunities. Click here to view our Equality and Diversity Policy.