Areas of Expertise
Private Law Children
Aimee’s practice covers all aspects of private family law. She regularly advises and represents parents, family members and Guardians in all types of proceedings
Aimee’s experience includes:
- Disputes involving Child Arrangements Orders
- Multi day fact-find and welfare hearings
- Applications for leave to remove from the jurisdiction (including removals to non-Hague Convention countries)
- Internal relocation
- Specific issues
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Prohibited Steps Orders
Public Law Children
Aimee has extensive experience of representing local authorities, parents, children and interveners in the full range of public law hearings.
Aimee’s specific experience includes cases involving:
- Physical and emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Substance abuse
Aimee has a busy family finance practice. She has experience of providing advice an representation in all stages of proceedings including:
- First Directions Appointments
- Interim Applications
- Financial Dispute Resolution Appointments
- Final hearings
Aimee has been instructed in cases involving complex issues including disputes concerning:
- Business assets
- Relationship agreements
- Foreign assets
- Third party rights
Aimee’s practice also encompasses cohabitation claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 2006.
Aimee has a busy education law practice and regularly appears in the First-tier Tribunal. She acts for and advises all parties including, local authorities, schools, parents and young people.
Aimee has also been instructed on a number of judicial review matters. Most recently she was successful in defending a local authority in a claim for judicial review brought pursuant to section 19(1) Education Act 1996.
Other examples of matters Aimee has been involved with include:
- Discrimination and equalities claims
- Special educational needs
- Prosecutions for non-attendance at school (including in the Crown Court and High Court)
- Clerking Permanent Exclusion Review Panels
- Appeals concerning permanent exclusion
- School inspection
- Appeals against decisions of the First-Tier Tribunal
- Disputes concerning Local Offers
- Advice and representation in judicial review
DS, R (on the application of) v Wolverhampton City Council  EWHC 1660 (Admin) – for more information click here.
TBQS, R (on the application of) v Wolverhampton City Council
College of Europe Bruges: LLM European Community Law
Inns of Court School of Law: BVC, Very Competent
Queen’s University Belfast: LLB Law and French, 2:1
Université Lyon III, Diplome d’Etudes Françaises
Associate: Clifford Chance LLP, Brussels
Stagiaire: European Commission, Directorate General for Competition
Research Intern: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, London
Lincoln’s Inn European Education Award
Sunley Scholarship, Lincoln’s Inn
QUB Award for Distinction in Oral French
Lincoln’s Inn Denning Society
Bar Free Representation Unit
Family Law Bar Association
Aimee speaks fluent French and has worked in the language. Aimee is happy to receive instructions in French.
Aimee has delivered lectures at conferences and seminars on a range of topics. She has also trained a number of local authorities in the field of education law.
Aimee has accepted public access instructions since 2015. For more information on instructing Aimee directly, please contact the clerks.