Private Law Children
Aimee’s practice covers all aspects of private family law. She regularly advises and represents parents, family members and Guardians in all types of proceedings
Aimee’s experience includes:
- Disputes involving Child Arrangements Orders
- Multi day fact-find and welfare hearings
- Applications for leave to remove from the jurisdiction (including removals to non-Hague Convention countries)
- Internal relocation
- Specific issues
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Prohibited Steps Orders
Public Law Children
Aimee has extensive experience of representing local authorities, parents, children and interveners in the full range of public law hearings.
Aimee’s specific experience includes cases involving:
- Physical and emotional abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Substance abuse
Aimee has a busy family finance practice. She has experience of providing advice an representation in all stages of proceedings including:
- First Directions Appointments
- Interim Applications
- Financial Dispute Resolution Appointments
- Final hearings
Aimee has been instructed in cases involving complex issues including disputes concerning:
- Business assets
- Relationship agreements
- Foreign assets
- Third party rights
Aimee’s practice also encompasses cohabitation claims under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 2006.
Aimee has a busy education law practice and regularly appears in the First-tier Tribunal. She acts for and advises all parties including, local authorities, schools, parents and young people.
Aimee has also been instructed on a number of judicial review matters. Most recently she was successful in defending a local authority in a claim for judicial review brought pursuant to section 19(1) Education Act 1996.
Other examples of matters Aimee has been involved with include:
- Discrimination and equalities claims
- Special educational needs
- Prosecutions for non-attendance at school (including in the Crown Court and High Court)
- Clerking Permanent Exclusion Review Panels
- Appeals concerning permanent exclusion
- School inspection
- Appeals against decisions of the First-Tier Tribunal
- Disputes concerning Local Offers
- Advice and representation in judicial review
DS, R (on the application of) v Wolverhampton City Council  EWHC 1660 (Admin) – for more information click here.
TBQS, R (on the application of) v Wolverhampton City Council